Re: Zamioculcas zamiifolia

>Kevin,
>
>What you see it what you get, but regardless of what the labels may have
>said, the correct name is Zamioculcas zamiifolia. There is only one
>species and to my knowledge it is endemic solely to
>portions of Africa. And it is a unique beast as aroids generally go.
>Dewey Fisk has one that is flowering  at the moment.  It has multiple
>small infloresences.
>
>Don

O.K..... There may only be one species , BUT....  I then must have two
varietal forms...  I have one that is the 'standard' but again...  I have
one that has very small leaflets...  same appearance but definitely smaller
over all...  The leaflets are a bit different...  a little more narrow and
longer vs. the regular foliage and is a bit lighter incolor....  So, is it
a different species...  haven't seen this one flower yet..  Matter of fact,
I have had it for years and never had a flower that I know about.

Another thing... This one is almost as bad as Gonatopus...  One leaf falls
on the ground...  you have another plant!  As far as I know, Gonatopus and
Zamicuclcas are the only two Aroids that propagate by just the leaf.  Any
others?
Dewey

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut
THE PHILODENDRON PHREAQUE