Re: Zamioculcas zamiifolia

At 08:19 PM 5/4/97 -0500, Don Burns wrote:
>What you see it what you get, but regardless of what the labels may have
>said, the correct name is Zamioculcas zamiifolia. There is only one
>species and to my knowledge it is endemic solely to
>portions of Africa. And it is a unique beast as aroids generally go.
>Dewey Fisk has one that is flowering  at the moment.  It has multiple
>small infloresences.
>Don Burns   Plantation, FL USA   Zone 10b
You can make trillions of them by removing the individual leaves, which
form bulblike things at the point of removal and grow into plants. I had
heard...(but not reliably so )of one other species maybe, maybe it was
offered by Abbey Gardens in Carpenteria, except they have moved to the 310
area now.