Re: Zamioculcas zamiifolia

Dear All,

As I already told in the past (2 weeks ago?), Zamioculcas zamiifolia seems
to be "endemic" to the forests of the coastal Eastern Africa (Tanzania,
Zanzibar, etc.) and (by know) it is the only species in the genus. It
belongs to the tribe Zamioculcaseae (along with Gonatopus - 2 spp, endemic
from the same region) and the ability to re-generate new plants from
portions of the leaf seems to be restricted to this tribe in the Araceae.
Probably, such high-prolific behavior are important to plants growing in a
narrow strip of forest between the Ocean and the arid portions of the
continent!

Ok... If Zamioculcas zamiifolia is so easy to propagate,
why I still don't have it? (please, I need a living specimen... Any
source??)

Best wishes,

Eduardo.