Amorphophallus titanum

I believe my A.titanum is going dormant (I hope it's not dying)for the
first time. Slowly, one leaflet at a time has turned yellow and now the
petiole is beginning to slump. I have quit watering. Should I wait until
the petiole and leaves are completely limp before unpotting and
inspecting? Should I repot it in fresh soil in a larger pot? Should I
then wait, patiently, for several months until there are signs of new
growth, at which time I should I begin watering?
Thanks for any expert advice.
MJ Hatfield