Re: Pecan Shells

Dewey,

Regarding the use of pecan shells as a planting medium (or one of several
ingredients), I would be cautious with this until I understood the
chemical contents of the shells.  For some reason I am thinking that
pecan shells contain tannin.  While I don't know this for certain, I'll
bet one of the chemists on the list could tell us about.

By the way, pecan shells are use in the abrasive industry as a pressure
blasting  abrasive, and possibly in other ways. And the stuff is not
cheap.

Don