Pecan Shells

I was watching either CNN or CNBC the other night and they were doing a bit
on the Pecan Industry.  They said that one of the things that caused a
major problem was getting rid of the shells.  A few hours later I thought
what a wonderful addative to potting media they would make for some Aroids!
Does anyone know how I could get in contact with a firm that either grows
or shells pecans.  I would really like to try the shells as part of the
growing media for Anthuriums.  I think it would be perfect!

Dewey E. Fisk, Plant Nut