Re: Taro 'Voodoo' ???

Steve:

        I am guessing that your Voodoo taro is a nomenclature corruption of
the Colocasia 'Black Magic' that was introducted by Walter Pagels of CA,
from a botanical garden in the Phillipines.  It is being tc'd in Florida and
is slowly getting distribution under a variety of incorrect names.  Although
it is not in our catalog, we are offering this variety, as is Southern
Exposure Nursery in TX.

        The face of the leaves is solid black, and it will grow 7' tall in
moist soil, but only 3' as an aquatic.  I hope this helps.
Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, NC  27603
USA
ph 919 772-4794
fx 919 662-0370
email  tony@plantdel.com
USDA zone 7, 0F-100F
"I Consider Every Plant Hardy Until I Have Killed It Myself...Three Times" -
Avent