Re: Xanthosoma (fwd)

Aroiders:

	For those of you who have been discussing Xanthosoma in recent days I can
concur that it is a taxonomic mess.  I would encourage you to bring into
cultivation as many species as possible and demand collection data where
possible.  This will be instrumental in a proper understanding of the
genus.  Dr. Sue Thompson is working on Xanthosoma but still has a long way
to go to fully know them and I suspect that she has been reluctant to come
forward in this discussion to avoid being bombarded with questions that no
one can yet answer.  I would further encourage you to send her material to
cultivate because studying them alive is essential.  Sue is on aroid-l.
She works at the Carnegie Museum.

	Tom