Alocasia guttata var. imperialis

     Having dithered about what the plant known in cultivation as this
     really is, I have come to the conclusion (with information from Peter
     Boyce and a plant kindly sent me by Dewey Fisk, which has just
     flowered) that it is an undescribed species.
     At the moment it is being painted for an article for Curtis's
     Botanical Magazine, in which it will be named Alocasia nebula.
     CBM articles usually include notes on cultivation and ordinary
     propagation: does anyone have any special tips concerning getting this
     plant to do its best? I will acknowledge the source of this
     information of course.