Re: cheap flower pots

Les,

The best pots I know are by  Anderson Die & Mfg. Co., Portland, Oregon,
1-503-654-5629.
They are great because they're square and can be stacked to fit a great
many in a small space.
The sides are straight so no space is wasted. They come in various sizes
but I like the
3 9/16 x 4 1/4 deep band and the  3 9/16 x 4 1/4 deep pot. The band is
more trouble at planting because you have to keep the soil from falling
out until it is compacted. (I use a small square of paper towel). But,
when it comes time to remove the plant, just push the root ball from the
bottom of the band. It
comes out easily and intact. The pots are easy at planting time but have
the usual problems when
removing the plant.

The bad news is they only sell wholesale, which means you have to have a
tax number to buy from
them. Like all wholesale pots, they're not expensive. I believe they come
in cartons of about 268
pots.

Find a friend with a tax number.

Ray
<GRSJr@Juno.com>

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]