Re: Zamioculcas

I have grown it in a greehouse in fairly low light levels and found it to
burn in high light. My potting mix was Pro-Mix BX but I'm sure any highly
organic peat based mix will do. Keep in evenly moist and never let it dry out.
 If a leaflet breaks off it has a strange propagation biology. You can plant
the leaflet. It will root and make a tuber-like swelling at the base which
eventually puts out a new shoot.

At 04:22 PM 5/2/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Aroiders,
>I have recently purchased a plant of Zamioculcas zamiifolia from a
>wholesale nursery.  I was able to find a small amount of information
>from Hortus Third, but would like to know more finer details.  How
>should I cultivate this plant properly?  Thanks so much!
>Brent Tucker
Michael Marcotrigiano (email:  marcotrigiano@pssci.umass.edu)
Rm 211 French Hall
Dept. of Plant and Soil Sciences
Univ of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003  USA
voice: 413-545-5227
fax: 413-545-3075 att: Michael Marcotrigiano