Re: I am forwarding this message from another list I belong to.

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Cooper <SCooper@cooperpower.com>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Thursday, May 06, 1999 11:49 AM
Subject: I am forwarding this message from another list I belong to.

>>I am forwarding this message from another list I belong to. Maybe someone
can help?

From: Zoey Fendt <zoeyfendt@cableinet.co.uk>

I have had conflicting advice re a Swiss Cheese (monstera deliciosa) plant.
would like to plant my large specimen in with my North American Box Turtles,
as I
believe they will ignore it. BUT someone has told me it is toxic. I want to
shade and increase humidity in the outdoor shed.

Any thoughts , anyone?

Dear Zoey,
As an ardent Herpetologist AND an 'Aroidophyle', I say go ahead!!  Aroids
are commonly used in reptile displays, and many genera are incorporated,
including Monstera (swiss cheese plant).    I`d just not get any torn pieces
of leaves in the water bowl (especially if Amphibians are being kept), and
you will end up with a healthy  and BEAUTIFUL reptile exibit!