Re: burle marx gardens

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: burle marx gardens
  • From: Al Wootten <awootten@NRAO.EDU>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:34:16 -0600 (CST)

Pugturd@aol.com writes:
 > Hello I saw a book for sale the gardens of Roberto Burle Marx. Is this book
 > good and does it show a lot of aroids in it? I was thinking about getting it
 > but 50.00 I wanted to be sure it was not just a lot of garden layouts. If
 > anyone has this please let me know if it is worth the money. THANKS
Hi Brian

I'm going to Rio in March and was interested in this also (where should I
go for aroids??).  There is a site
on the Gardens of Burle-Marx, though in Portuguese:
which lists several books--amazon lists the Eliovson book at $10 off at
least.  But no one has reviewed the (1991) book) it appears.  They also
list an out of print book:
 Roberto Burle Marx : The Unnatural Art of the Garden
                            by William Howard Adams
In any event, the site has the address of the gardens.

The University of Virginia Library has this book--you might check around,
or try interlibrary loan.
It also has SB 470 .B87 D36 1994
 Dans les jardins de Roberto Burle Marx / sous la dir. de Jacques Leenhardt.
    Leenhardt, Jacques.
 Title:  Dans les jardins de Roberto Burle Marx / sous la dir. de Jacques Leenhardt.
      Publication info:    Arles : Actes Sud : Crestet centre d'art, 1994.