Re: burle marx

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: burle marx
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" <edggon@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:45:49 -0600 (CST)

Dear Aroiders,

   Since the topic here concerns books about Roberto Burle-Marx, I think I
have some information to add. There is a book in preparation (to be
published in two years or so) that will deal with tropical plants of
Burle-Marx. There will be more than 1000 plants, all with colour photographs
and comments on origin, distribution, etc (in Portuguese and English).
Aproximately 400 are aroids and almost half of them are Philos. It will be
published by Instituto Plantarum (www.plantarum.com.br) and I am helping the
author (Harri Lorenzi) to ID the aroids. Like I already said in a previous
message, most species have reached their  maximum size (I mean they are
huge!), so if you like nice pictures of well-grown rare plants, keep your
eyes opened for this book.

                                        Very best wishes,

                                                  Eduardo.