Amorphophallus 2nd flowering

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Amorphophallus 2nd flowering
  • From: "van den Bergh" <bergh@tpg.com.au>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 21:46:41 -0600 (CST)

I have a large tuber of Amorphophallus prainii and it flowered wonderfully
in October [southern hemisphere] filling the house with the stench of
propane gas as it wafted its perfume in from where it grows in front of the
verandah. A month later, now it has put up it's leaf shoot with leaf
unfurling, however alongside is another flower from the same tuber. Is this
usual, for some reason I had the impression to expect only one flower per
tuber for each season.

Marilyn van den Bergh.