Re: Alocasia Black Velvet

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Alocasia Black Velvet
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 10:33:09 -0600 (CST)

Although I do not like Alocasias all that much, I DO have a soft spot for
our Little Queenie and I have grown it with success under suboptimal
conditions in the house, in a window sill. It produces offset tubers
profusely and flowers and makes leaves all the time. You need to repot it
though regularly because it "eats" the soil. It is very resistant here
whereas most other Alocasias suffer from dry air pretty quickly.

So, mr. TYC from NYC, USA, you need to do a tad better......... :-)

Wilbert Lord P.