Re: Extinction and Loss of Habitat

  • Subject: Re: Extinction and Loss of Habitat
  • From: "George R Stilwell, Jr." <grsjr@juno.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:40:07 -0600 (CST)

Ted,

Exactly.

The dinosaurs did die off because of a loss of habitat caused
by a meteor crashing into the earth. It really destroyed the habitat.

Loss of habitat is another way of saying some parts of the world are
changing too fast
for some plants/animals to evolve to accommodate the change.

I think I am also safe in saying this is science.

Ray
GRSJr@Juno.com

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:02:05 -0600 (CST) Ted.Held@hstna.com writes:

>Am I missing something? Did the big dinosaurs die off because of loss
>of
>habitat? Most species have died out because they are failures of one
>sort
>or another or are not able to keep up with a changeable world. This is
>basic Darwin and modern permutations thereof. I think I am safe in
>saying
>this is science.
>

>                    "Ron Iles"
>
>                    <roniles@eirco       To:     Multiple recipients
>of list AROID-L
>                    m.net>                <aroid-l@mobot.org>
>
>                    Sent by:             cc:
>
>                    aroid-l@mobot.       Fax to:
>
>                    org                  Subject:     Re: Extinction
>and Loss of Habitat
>

>                    11/06/01 11:25
>
>                    AM
>
>                    Please respond