Re: Michele damage?

  • Subject: Re: Michele damage?
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:39:54 -0600 (CST)

----- Original Message -----
From: <StellrJ@aol.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 7:35 PM

In a message dated Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:43:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, Don
Burns <donburns@macconnect.com> writes:

>>But, the beaches are very, very badly damaged. Much of
> that damage has been caused by the very heavy winds

>>Hmmm... Are you sure it is not caused by sand starvation caused by jetties
and revetments upcurrent?  Or maybe development on former dune systems?<<

EXCELLENT point, and probably true, BUT---the powers-that-be will waste a
LOT of tax-payers $$ to
're-nourish' (aka truck in more sand and dump it) the beaches just in time
for the next set of bad weather to wash it away--- we never listen or learn,
and I guess it keeps people in jobs, much like the turn-pike that will NEVER
be completed or free to drive on as promised!