RE: P. spiritus-sancti

  • Subject: RE: P. spiritus-sancti
  • From: "Harry Witmore" <harrywitmore@witmore.net>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 21:00:16 -0600 (CST)

Well, I'm fairly new to this list and the IAS. I saw the prices being paid for this plant and while I would love to own one, I believe it's a major waste of money. Don't get me wrong, I love my plants and will pay what I think as very high prices ($60) for them. Not being a very competitive person I can't see why I would pay so much for a plant. But, if I did have one I would love to share it and make it available to those that cherish it.I never look at any life as being an investment but an honor to have experienced things that most people don't get to. While I know that wild collected plants are needed to establish a plant in the culture, I believe all efforts should be made to reproduce it for any further sale or use as a specimen

I really understand everyone's feelings on this issue and I must say this has been the most civil I have experienced compared to other list I'm own. So, from a newcomer, congratulate yourselves on a very passionate but well behaved discussion.

Now, as far as tissue culture is concerned, I really don't much like it but, I wouldn't pass up a specimen of this species produced by in this manner.Congratulations to those that own it but remember you can't possess a living thing but you can be it's benefactor

Harry Witmore
Cloud Jungle Art
www.witmore.net