Just got back from MOBOT

  • Subject: Just got back from MOBOT
  • From: "brian williams" <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 21:36:08 -0600 (CST)

I thought I would get on here and tell Cheryl that I had a most wonderful
time at Missouri botanical gardens. I was a kid in a candy store and had a
grin that could not leave my face. What an aroid collection I am still in
awe. Cheryl was great she seems to be as bad as me with this plant
addiction. What a positive attitude also it was good to see someone who
likes plants as much as me especially this far north. I can tell she loves
her job and by the way the greenhouse looks she is doing a great job. Thanks
for all the help to bad I missed DR Croat I will thank him when he returns.

I think I have gone to new plant nerd levels. I stay up at night thinking of
better ways to grow them and trying my best to duplicate their natural
habitat or better. I now have heated tables with capillary mats on them also
a super fine mist system as well as fog fans. Keeping the greenhouse no
lower than 65 and the tables are heated at 80f. I have water trays for my
lovely aquatics the water is heated at 85f. I am finally starting to walk in
the greenhouse and forgetting I am in Kentucky. I now have started growing
Crypts in my room as well as in the greenhouse. I think my parents are going
to take me to a counselor soon if I don't get this under control.