Re: [aroid-l] Bognera recondita

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Bognera recondita
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 07:17:56 +0000

Dear Michael,

As far as I know, I am the only one in whole world growing Bognera recondita. It is extremely difficult to grow, and only produces up to 3 leaves per year. I brought back probably 20 rhizomes from the field (it is quite abundant locally), but less than 8 are still alive and growing right now. It goes well with a mixture of coarse sand, sphagnum and humus rich soil. Unfortunately it is impossible (better to say, it is illegal) to send plants out of Brazil, so I canīt be considered a potential source.

Very best wishes,

Eduardo.

Eduardo G. Goncalves
Laboratorio de Fitoquimica