Re: (yet more) Re: [aroid-l] Epipremnum

  • Subject: Re: (yet more) Re: [aroid-l] Epipremnum
  • From: "Peter Boyce" peterboyce@myjaring.net
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 07:18:47 +0700

Hi Eugene

I'll cover wild aureum in my Aroideana article.

I agree with you completely about how little we know about so many commonly
cultivated plants and confess to occasionally reaching levels close to
despair when considering what we don't
know about organisms in general; with the nursery being out in the
countryside here I see our ignorance on the drive to work every morning!

On the brighter side, we are very gradually beginning to get to grips at
least with some things. For example A. reginula has now been found in the
wild here in Borneo; A. cuprea has recently been formally recoded for the
first time in Sarawak and new sites have been discovered for A. melo.