[aroid-l] Araceae of West Indies??

  • Subject: [aroid-l] Araceae of West Indies??
  • From: RAYMOMATTLA@cs.com
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 22:28:21 EST

  Hi all,  I would be interested in knowing the Araceae of the West Indies,
preferably of Martinique and Barbados.  Im sure these two islands are not that
high in species, at least not the latter, but I know of several Anthurium and
Monstera species occuring  on Martinique, and at least one Anthurium on
Barbados.
  Does anyone have species lists for either of the islands or has anyone been
to these islands first hand to witness aroid species?  Does Montrichardia or
Dieffenbachia grow on either of these islands?  How about Urospatha?
  By the way I have changed my internet service so my old email address (to
those of you who knew me from mattlagem@aol.com) is no longer in service.
  Thanks in advance, Michael Mattlage