Re: [aroid-l] Mealy bugs on Amorphophallus.

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Mealy bugs on Amorphophallus.
  • From: colin howells latisectus2003@yahoo.co.uk
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:14:54 +0000 (GMT)

Hi  Neil, I use a cheap artists  paintbrush and methylated spirits to get rid of them on my cacti. It works o.k. and  the plants come to no harm. The only problem is that you have to persevere with the treatment and keep your eyes open for any further infestation.  The  problem with mealy bugs and scale is penetrating the outer coat. Hope this helps. Regards Colin.                                                         Neil Gordon <neil@ng23.abelgratis.co.uk> wrote:Ive got an infestation of Mealybugs on my A. Bulbifer.
They seem immune to everything i spray on them, and keep coming back.

Has anyone got any tips on getting rid of them.

It looks like the Amorphophallus is the only one of my plants affected
by them.

Neil