Re: [aroid-l] storage of Dracontium tubercles

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] storage of Dracontium tubercles
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid (prive)" hetter@worldonline.nl
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:46:39 +0100

My experience:

- they do not dry out too easily but on the other hand many seem to go into
a coma, irrespective of how you treat them
- I keep them on the dormant mother-tuber as long as possible
- I put them in soil immediately after separating, not necessarily as wet as
when they are growing
- I check regularly whether they are waking up
- the net result is usually that only some 20 - 30 % of them decides to wake
up (sometimes even less)

So, the result is not overwhelming but I think that is innate to Dracontium
tubercles. Maybe that's why so many are produced. Strangely enough, with the
tubercles of the Dracontium ally Pycnospatha, the results are much