Re: [aroid-l] storage of Dracontium tubercles

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] storage of Dracontium tubercles
  • From: "Petra Schmidt" petra@plantdelights.com
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:52:29 -0500

I've also cut (wounded) the base of the tubericles and dipped them into
rooting hormone to see if they would root more quickly but it didn't
help...their dormancy is quite long.  Placing them into fine milled spaghnum
vs long fibrous spaghnum vs potting soil didn't make a difference either but
keeping them in semi-dark conditions (beneath bench tops instead of atop
bench tops) made a slight difference in breaking dormancy (darker is
better).  My next step is to soak them in water before planting...will keep
you posted.
Petra