RE: [Aroid-l] Mini rant

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Mini rant
  • From: "Harry Witmore" <harrywitmore@witmore.net>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:52:42 -0500

I agree with Michael on this. If you are selling anything anywhere,
marketing is one of the aspects and we all know that marketing is not always
based on the absolute truth. So, I don't see any problem using the word rare
for something as long as the picture is not deceiving. I have purchased many
things from many people on Ebay and it's pretty easy to tell those that are
trying to sell and be honest and those that are not. So, I think if you have
issues with what folks do on eBay you have an up hill battle and selling
Aroids is a pretty small part of the problem.
I imagine that some of the tubers we sale here as rare are eaten as food
elsewhere so where do you draw the line. Leave it up to each buyer to make
up his or her mind as to what is rare to them.