[Aroid-l] Red-veined philodendron

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Red-veined philodendron
  • From: Sheldon Hatheway <sfhatheway@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:14:35 -0800 (PST)

It looks almost identical to some that I grew from
seed purchased about 10 years ago from Carter Seeds.
Incidentally, I planted my remaining 4 mature plants
in the ground here in Canby, Oregon, last summer and
left them out, unprotected, through a very nasty 20
degree, 2-week-long ice storm last winter.  One of
them survived and leafed out in mid-summer.  I think
I'll pile a bunch of leaves on it this winter.  After
all, nothing but the best for my overgrown and won't
fit in the greenhouse very well anymore philos!

Sheldon Hatheway

Do you Yahoo!?
The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!

Aroid-l mailing list