[Aroid-l] Red-veined philodendron

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Red-veined philodendron
  • From: Sheldon Hatheway <sfhatheway@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:14:35 -0800 (PST)

It looks almost identical to some that I grew from
seed purchased about 10 years ago from Carter Seeds.
Incidentally, I planted my remaining 4 mature plants
in the ground here in Canby, Oregon, last summer and
left them out, unprotected, through a very nasty 20
degree, 2-week-long ice storm last winter.  One of
them survived and leafed out in mid-summer.  I think
I'll pile a bunch of leaves on it this winter.  After
all, nothing but the best for my overgrown and won't
fit in the greenhouse very well anymore philos!

Sheldon Hatheway