[Aroid-l] titanum goes mainstream

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] titanum goes mainstream
  • From: Bryan Lampl <blampl1@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 20:31:05 -0800

As a resident of Southern California I occasionally visit a nationally known
nursery in the area called Rogers Gardens.  While wandering through the
usually standard plants, to my surprise, I came across three Amorphophallus
titanum for sale.  They were supplied by one of the major growers.  If
anyone is interested, I will guess and say they are two to three years old
and are priced at $150.  The temperature here is dropping into the fifties
at night, so dormancy is probably not far away and then I suppose they will
be taken away.