RE: [Aroid-l] Amorph. titanum hardiness

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Amorph. titanum hardiness
  • From: "Alistair Hay" <ajmhay@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:52:16 +1100

If its any help, they do not survive outside here in Sydney (min winter temp 41degF) and the plants do not have an annual cycle of growth and dormancy, rather the cycle is well over a year and so the plants are seldom in sync with the natural seasons (or with each other for that matter).

With numerous (but by no means all - a lot can be grown successfully) tropical plants outdoors in the Sydney climate, we find they survive winter and then expire in spring when conditions warm up. (Presumably when pathogen activity resumes but the plants are still suffering the after-effects of winter cold stress and have little resistance).

>From: Floral Architecture <floralartistry2000@yahoo.com>
>To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
>Subject: [Aroid-l] Amorph. titanum hardiness
>Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:06:24 -0800 (PST)
>I have a couple seedlings of titanum (I might be selling one of them) and they are now going dormant. Since I am in coastal So. CA, can they stay outside dry or should I bring them in for the winter? The tubers are not quite the size of a ping pong ball but the stems are 12"+ tall.
>Any and all suggestions are welcomed.
>John Ingram in L.A., CA.
>www.floralarchitecture.com check it out
>310.709.1613 (cell, west coast time, please call accordingly. Thank you)
>Aroid-l mailing list
Aroid-l mailing list