Re: [Aroid-l] Pictures on Aroid-L (was "smallest Aroid")

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Pictures on Aroid-L (was "smallest Aroid")
  • From: "Leo A. Martin" <leo1010@attglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 17:39:44 -0700

Please, I vote no on attachments.

Those who wish to display images may already post them online. Go ahead and do so. If you don't want to bother learning how to do so, or if it's too much time and trouble to do so, imagine how we with slow dial-up connections feel when people send us large attachments that take 5-10 minutes to download.

And then somebody hits the Forward button to reply,

"Ooh, that was a pretty picture"

and they have their E-mail program set to automatically forward attachments. So we have to suffer through receiving the image again.

So, please no attachments on the list.

Leo A. Martin
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Steve Marak wrote:
Historically, there are several reasons we've never wanted to allow attachments such as pictures; that policy can change, depending on the desires of you the list members, since Aroid-L exists for aroiders. The 2 biggest:

1) They require lots more bits than text. Most of the people in the world
   don't even have high-speed dialup Internet, much less broadband, and
   there are still people who have to pay based on the number of bits they

2) The many forms of "objectionable content", including but not limited to
   viruses and worms, ads for all sorts of things, and images than range
   from completely innocent to "would make a porn star blush".
Aroid-l mailing list