[Aroid-l] Pictures on Aroid-L

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Pictures on Aroid-L
  • From: "michael mahan" <agavestar@covad.net>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 16:30:43 -0800

Why can't we just start a yahoo groups that's just for aroid pix as the
agave group  does .then we can link it to the aroid group with a limited
membership that's the same as this one with no new members being able to
post until we see that they are legit ? .then a person would create a file
for them selves & then can refer people to see that file . the only rule on
the agaveformphotos is that u only post the small pix & delete the larger
pix as u r posting .every once & awhile the moderator will post that they
need to reduce the whole file size & ask members to delete old pix as in the
i.d. needed ones , the my yard , .. now the other option would be what they
do on the fat plants site is have a listing file  for each & every species
by family name grouped in ascending order by plant family ,very fussy imho &
hard to really find a plant if u don't know the complete family name . this
is just a suggestion cause it is very frustrating trying to talk about a
plant & not be able to see said plant , most people don't have the patience
to keep asking for more info when a pix would answer the question right off!
Anyway see what you all think !!   my 2 cents    Mike Mahan