RE: [Aroid-l] Maturity of Anthurium infructescence

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Maturity of Anthurium infructescence
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 08:38:35 -0600

Some Anthuriums require a LONG time for the infructesence to develop and ripen, up to over a year in some species, other species seem to require a few months, I have no exact reports on these times, just from observation and memory.

Thanks to all for this information. I found the original plant growing in the courtyard of a hotel in Puerto Vallarta with already ripened fruit, some of which I collected and distributed. My plant has been blooming for a couple of years, but this is the first time it appears to be setting seed.

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin