[Aroid-l] A. prainii care instructions

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] A. prainii care instructions
  • From: Kirk Martin kwmartin@earthlink.net
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:45:55 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I'm just trying to find some basic care instructions for growing
Amorphophallus prainii.  The plant is approximately 10" tall now and
appears to be actively growing (was given plant in early October this year).

I'm growing the plant in a 50 % loam and the remainder in 1:1:1 peat, perlite, vermiculite under
a 4' fluorescent light.

Since I live in Fitchburg Massachusetts,  Can I expect a dormancy and if so any idea when it would start?
Just trying to get a sense how finicky this plant is and how susceptible to rot.

Anyone have a fact sheet?  All I know is it's habitat is near Thailand/ Indonesia and not much more.

Any help is appreciated,

Kirk Martin
Fitchburg, Mass.