[Aroid-l] Re: Iron Chef - Konnyaku

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Re: Iron Chef - Konnyaku
  • From: Jason Hernandez mossytrail@earthlink.net
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:56:09 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: aroid-l-request@gizmoworks.com
Sent: Nov 20, 2005 10:26 PM
To: aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Subject: Aroid-l Digest, Vol 16, Issue 17

>that is not accurate.  the choking hazzard was due to
>the size of the candy, which is offered in small cups
>of fruit-flavored jelly.

Small cups of fruit flavored jelly... I wonder if this is the stuff I remember in Taiwan.  At our bushiban's Christmas party, we had loads and loads of tiny cups of gelatin, which we teachers would hand out to the kids who won a round of the games we ran.  I assumed it was regular gelatin, so I never bothered to check the ingredients (not that I could have read the Chinese characters for konjak).  In Taiwan, one can certainly find a great many Japanese products.

Jason Hernandez
Naturalist-at-Large