RE: [Aroid-l] suran

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] suran
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 04:41:36 +0000

From : 	piaba <piabinha@yahoo.com>
Sent : 	Tuesday, November 22, 2005 5:13 PM
To : 	Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : 	[Aroid-l] suran

--- Julius Boos <ju-bo@msn.com> wrote:
You wondered what A. paeon. tastes like, it is
available here in Florida in cans at the Indian Grocery, called 'Suran' or
Elephant yam. It USED to be available as whole fresh tubers, but I have not seen
them in ages. I hear that it tastes like Dracontium tubers, which taste
like a doughy Colocasia!

so, ju-bo, how do these chubas taste like?  are they
prepared fresh or just as a starch like konjac?<<

Dear Tsuh Yang,

As I mentioned (above), the 'chubas' are sold in cans as bits cooked in brine, and though I have not sampled them, am told that they taste like Dracontium, or like a 'tough' Colocasia!

tsuh yang

Aroid-l mailing list

Aroid-l mailing list