RE: [Aroid-l] Heaters, vented & otherwise (was "Anthurium")

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Heaters, vented & otherwise (was "Anthurium")
  • From: "Harry Witmore" harrywitmore@witmore.net
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 19:46:54 -0500

I have what I call my fern house with a propane heater in it not vented and
have had no problems I would attribute to the heater. Now, I do make sure
there is some fresh air coming in since if I don't and the fans go off it
goes out. So I think there is more of a problem with getting enough oxygen
to the heater than buildup of carbon monoxide or dioxide to the plants. At
least ferns that is.

Harry Witmore
Cloud Jungle Epiphytes
www.cloudjungle.com