[Aroid-l] Alocasia tigrina vs zebrina

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Alocasia tigrina vs zebrina
  • From: "D. Christopher Rogers" crogers@ecoanalysts.com
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:26:05 -0800

Well, after the heated discussion on heaters in which I learned lots (thank you all), I thought I would ask another question, hopefully with a simple answer.

How can I separate Alocasia tigrina from A. zebrina? I have a nice plant about a meter tall, no flowers, labeled A. tigrina, but looks a lot like pictures I have seen recently of A. zebrina.  Any advice and literature citations would be helpful

Thanks heaps!

D. Christopher Rogers

Invertebrate Ecologist/Taxonomist

((,///////////=====<

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

(530) 406-1178

166 Buckeye Street

Woodland CA 95695 USA

Invertebrate Taxonomy

● Invertebrate Ecological Studies

● Bioassessment and Study Design

● Endangered Invertebrate Species

● Zooplankton

● Periphyton/ Phytoplankton

Moscow, ID ● Bozeman, MT ● Woodland, CA ● Neosho, MO ● Selinsgrove, PA

www.ecoanalysts.com