Re: [Aroid-l] Trademark Names/Aroid book

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Trademark Names/Aroid book
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:17:05 +0000

From : 	Agoston Janos <agoston.janos@citromail.hu>
Sent : 	Monday, November 27, 2006 9:29 AM
To : 	Discussion of aroids <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : 	Re: [Aroid-l] Trademark Names

Dear Jani,

I believe that Philodendron 'Xanadu" is trademarked and carefully 'protected', at least here in Florida. I believe there is also some sort of 'patent' on at least one vining Philodendron, the one w/ varigated leaves (white, scarlet, green) and which 'bleeds' a wine-colored sap when cut. Concerning Deni Bown`s book on Aroids, I recomend it MOST highly, it contains a wealth of invaluable information all compiled in one source, and makes for good reading also. In our world of Aroids there is nothing else that even comes close. It is worth getting no matter what the price may be.

Good Growing,

Are there any other aroids which are trademarked (excluding Anthuriums and Zantedeschias)?

Does anybody has experience with Timber Press? Any opinions about the Aroid book (anybody can respond...)?

Aroid-l mailing list