Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 22:19:34 +0100
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Varigated ZZ`s and more.
From: "Daniel Devor"
To: "Discussion of aroids"

Hi Bernhard,

I can tell you that many aminoglycosides can cause read-through of stop
codons.  The ones that I was most familiar with back then were neomycin
gentamicin....both insanely common in any science lab in the world.
were not the ones I used I am pretty sure, but honestly, this was
atleast 5
years ago so do not remember what aminoglycoside I used.  I'm sure a 5
minute search of the scientific literature would turn  it up.  As I
I came across this when reading more about the molecular biology of
premature stop codon read-through for CF therapy and thought, hey that
be fun to fiddle with at home.

Perhaps we could all sit at home and make designer aroids for ourselves,
I would worry that this schlock would end up on ebay along with some of
rest of the garbage that can be found there.

Happy mutating everyone,

Dan Devor
Gibsonia, PA

Aroid-L mailing list