Re: Varigated ZZ`s and more.

  • Subject: Re: Varigated ZZ`s and more.
  • From: "Daniel Devor" <plantguy@zoominternet.net>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 17:19:34 -0400

Hi Bernhard,

I can tell you that many aminoglycosides can cause read-through of stop
codons.  The ones that I was most familiar with back then were neomycin and
gentamicin....both insanely common in any science lab in the world.  These
were not the ones I used I am pretty sure, but honestly, this was atleast 5
years ago so do not remember what aminoglycoside I used.  I'm sure a 5
minute search of the scientific literature would turn  it up.  As I recall,
I came across this when reading more about the molecular biology of
premature stop codon read-through for CF therapy and thought, hey that could
be fun to fiddle with at home.

Perhaps we could all sit at home and make designer aroids for ourselves, but
I would worry that this schlock would end up on ebay along with some of the
rest of the garbage that can be found there.

Happy mutating everyone,

Dan

Dan Devor
Gibsonia, PA