Re: Varigated ZZ`s and more.

  • Subject: Re: Varigated ZZ`s and more.
  • From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" <mmarcotr@email.smith.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 16:30:10 -0400

the only virus I know that is graft transmissible and does not do that much harm (besides slowing it down a bit) is Abutilon mosaic virus which is in a few cultivars of variegated Abutilon. There are many aroid viruses that cause mottled yellowing that has no defined sectors and no pattern and are really not nice to have!

>>> Adam Black <epiphyte1@earthlink.net> 11/2/2007 1:55 AM >>>
I know that plants with certain viral infections can take on a
variegated appearance before the plant wastes away, but I seem to recall
mention somewhere of a controversial method of inoculating plants with a
particular virus that produces the variegated appearance yet supposedly
does not harm the plant. Does this ring a bell with anyone?

I can't stand most variegated plants - I prefer the normal colored ones!

Adam Black