Re: a somewhat off topic question

  • Subject: Re: a somewhat off topic question
  • From: Steve Marak <samarak@gizmoworks.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:16:03 -0500 (CDT)

Hermine,

I've been a member of the carnivorous plants list which is now hosted at
omnisterra.com (like Aroid-L, it's not in the same place it started out)
for more than 10 years now.

Lots of very knowledgable people, including vendors, hobbyists, and CP
taxonomists, high signal-to-noise ratio with few flamings, etc. Rick
Walker has been the moderator since forever, and a good one in my opinion.

Interestingly enough, it appears that it is now run on the same software
as Aroid-L (though not at the same place, of course).

Here's some information:

        cp-request@omnisterra.com

        cp-owner@omnisterra.com

Steve

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007, hermine wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone on this list could recommend a list on
> carnivorous plants? i crawled through Yahoogroups, but what i saw in
> English was a lot of lists which seem to be without purpose and are
> full of dating ads and suchlike spamifications. it is time for me to
> indulge my passion for Nepenthes and other perhaps terrarium
> subjects. I HAVE WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS.
>
> thanks!
>
> hermine

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com