Re: Id please: Anthurium tissumi ???

  • Subject: Re: Id please: Anthurium tissumi ???
  • From: Baumfarn Webmaster <webmaster@baumfarn.at>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:02:23 +0100

I've no idea.
Before I only knew the *normal* Anthuriums in earth.
I saved some seeds and planted them in cork. Probably I will have some
additional plants in the future ;-)
The seeds (like a miniature rice corn) develop a small leaf at the
brighter side of their end and a first root at the darker side.
And this is how they do their further growing: leafs always to the
bright side and roots search dark spaces.
Here you can see how the roots find their way behind the bamboo-wall:

edleigh wrote:

>No idea, but what a great photo and a great plant!! Is it common for
>Anthurium's to do this?
>Ed & Leigh
>Tropical Collector
>Queensland Australia