Re: Help with Anthurium ID

  • Subject: Re: Help with Anthurium ID
  • From: "Windy Aubrey" <exotics@hawaii.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 14:24:53 -1000

Hi Skip,

I also picked up the same plant last year as Cupulispathum.
Earlier that year I had gone to the Huntington Library and photographed their specimen that is planted in the conservatory.  Of course, after seeing this specimen I knew I had to have at least one for my collection and was stoked when I found a few available.
Check out this image I took of the specimen A. cupulispathum at the Huntington.  The blades on this plant were about 5' long.

Say, I have experienced the petioles to be kind of weak and need staking to support the huge leaf.  Maybe this is due to softer greenhouse growth, or an inherent problem with the juvenile growth?
Have you experienced the same with yours?  How much light is your plant exposed to?

Windy

Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:
DSCN3592 (3).jpg