Re: Help with Anthurium ID

  • Subject: Re: Help with Anthurium ID
  • From: Skip Hanson <shanson@emc.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:30:27 -0500

Good morning. Windy is correct, I could not grow this plant outside, since I live in NorCal and it gets to darn cold up here.
However, I am now curious about Windy's description of the leaves. On my plant the emerging leaves are delicate, but
the mature leaves are like cardboard and fairly tough ?

I keep this plant in a greenhouse and let it moderately dry out between watering. I rarely water during the Winter. I made the mistake
of getting the spadix wet and it rotted before it had a chance to mature, not to bright on my part. With a little cinnamon I was able to stop
the rot.

I guess I will have to wait for another spadix to 100 % ID this one. Thank you to everyone for the information and discussion.