Re: Amorphophallus koratensis problem (pictures)

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus koratensis problem (pictures)
  • From: Ken Mosher <ken@spatulacity.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 00:14:16 -0500

It's no problem at all. That tuber on the bottom is just the old tuber,
but there's a nice new fat one to replace it.  I've made it my policy to
leave the old one in place and not break it off - unless it were to come
off with virtually no force. Just plant the entire thing next year and
everything will be fine. Whether or not it will flower is anyone's
guess. Only the plant knows!

E.Vincent Morano wrote:
> My Amorphophallus koratensis had it leaf removed by the wind recently.
> Its cold now so it just went dormant. But as you can see from the
> pictures, it looks like two tubers stuck together when it is in fact
> one. The bottom one was the original tuber. Interestingly the bottom
> part is the same size as it was when I planted it in the spring. It
> now weighs 13oz. Anyway, a friend said I should cut the bottom off. I
> am not at all comfortable with that. What do you think? Do you think
> it might flower for me next year also? Is prety heavy.
> Thank you
> Erin
Aroid-L mailing list