Amorphophallus koratensis problem (pictures)

  • Subject: Amorphophallus koratensis problem (pictures)
  • From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:43:46 -0800 (PST)

My Amorphophallus koratensis had it leaf removed by the wind recently. Its cold now so it just went dormant. But as you can see from the pictures, it looks like two tubers stuck together when it is in fact one. The bottom one was the original tuber. Interestingly the bottom part is the same size as it was when I planted it in the spring. It now weighs 13oz. Anyway, a friend said I should cut the bottom off. I am not at all comfortable with that. What do you think? Do you think it might flower for me next year also? Is prety heavy.
Thank you
Erin