Re: Amorphophallus koratensis problem (pictures)

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus koratensis problem (pictures)
  • From: "Christopher Rogers" <crogers@ecoanalysts.com>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 22:48:27 -0800

Howdy!

Do not cut off the bottom. The tuber was regenerating itself and was interrupted. The bottom is the original tuber, the top portion is the new tuber. The old tuber is typically used up, at least partially, making the new leaf. Then, the tuber is basically “regrown” absorbing the old tuber. Sometimes the old tuber is not entirely absorbed by the new one. That is okay, it probably will absorb it next growing cycle.

Happy days,

Christopher

D. Christopher Rogers

((,///////////=======<

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

1.530.756.4481

1.530. 383.4798 (cell)

1307 "L" Street

Davis, CA 95616

USA

ŸInvertebrate Taxonomy

ŸEndangered Species

ŸEcological Studies

ŸBioassessment

ŸInvasive Species

ŸPlankton

ŸPhycology

Moscow, Idaho Ÿ Bozeman, Montana Ÿ Davis, California Ÿ Joplin, Missouri

Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania Ÿ London, Ontario

ecoanalysts.com