Re: Amorphophallus koratensis problem (pictures)

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus koratensis problem (pictures)
  • From: ronmchatton@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:15:40 -0500

Erin:

Do not cut off the bottom corm.  This sort of thing happens often if
dormancy comes early for some reason.  The old corm will survive the
dormancy and add to the food reserves of the newly developing growth
next spring.  Also, cutting into corms simply exposes areas that are
now open for infection by pathogens and you shouldn't do it if you
don't have to.

Ron McHatton
Central Florida, Zone 9B